Catching Up

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Things have been so crazy busy around here lately that I ended up taking about a 2 week break from blogging. I'm not going to lie, it was kind of nice not having to worry about the blog but I missed interacting with everyone and jotting down my memories! Without further adieu, it's time to play catch up with an extremely long post!

Last I left off, I was headed down to my SIL's house while Stephen was meeting the guys for his brother's 30th birthday party weekend in Okeechobee. While the guys roughed it in the hot FL heat, Lauren and I enjoyed ourselves some AC and the pool! I arrived on Friday evening, just in time for dinner. The rest of the night, we caught up and played with my niece, Siena.

I ended up waking up super early Saturday (go figure) and enjoyed watching some cable TV before joining Lauren and Siena once they woke up. Then, we headed out to one of Lauren's friends community pools and spent some time there before making a quick Target run. That afternoon, we worked on putting all the clothes Siena grew out of into space bags before Lauren's friends came over for girls night. We loaded up and headed out to get some Mexican food before coming home and playing some games. After the girls left, Lauren and I watched The Devil Wears Prada while chit chatting.

Seriously, how cute is Siena!?



Helping us pack away her clothes ;)



Sunday, we rallied and headed to church (we sat in the cry room which was PACKED and a whole new experience for me lol). After church, we came back to the house, had leftovers, went on a quick walk and then I headed out to meet Stephen. After picking Stephen up and getting home, I started to not feel good at all. I ended up being up all night long - the Mexican leftovers did not work out too well for me. Stephen had Monday off from work so I ended up taking a half day which was so needed.

I was trying to keep Siena entertained with Snapchat before she realized Lauren had run to the car lol Then I found out that the cry room doesn't have tinted glass... oops

Thankfully, Monday night I was feeling slightly better so I packed myself up for my business trip to Atlanta. Tuesday, I headed up to Atlanta (not before Southwest completely cancelled my flight) and I was able to see our close family friends real quick after work. The business trip was really successful and we got a lot done! 


After work one night, I was able to hop over to The Mall of GA to look for some Converses. I've been thinking about getting some for my birthday for a little while now but wanted to make sure that my feet didn't look like clown feet in them. I wasn't sold on the regular Converses but I tried on the Shoreline's and I loved them! They're so comfy, my feet don't look as long/clowny and the loose laces are the perfect touch! My only problem was deciding between the white ones and the grey ones. I ended up picking the white ones because I'll have more to wear them with and I'm worried I'll regret not getting those.



After work on Friday, I drove to my parents house in TN for a quick, weekend visit! I had such a fun time with them and the weather was great! Friday my mom and I ran some errands before meeting some of our close family friends for dinner, walking around the square and fro-yo.







Saturday, my mom got us these amazing cream cheese muffins for breakfast and then I worked on cleaning out my college stuff with my dad. They were able to sell a lot of my old textbooks to a used bookstore and I threw out all my spirals and folders that I kept from my engineering classes - so nerve wrecking throwing all of that out, but when am I going to ever look at them? Afterwards, we headed out to some local trails for a quick walk then scooted over to their huge used bookstore to sell my textbooks and to browse. I ended up getting a few grilling books, a few cookbooks (one really cool, old Charleston one!) and The 5 Love Languages.




After all of that excitement, I came home and crashed - it felt so good to get a nap in! That night we were celebrating Father's Day early as well as my birthday early so my parents made a delicious dinner (which I got way too full way too fast and didn't get to eat much of it ;/) and then we relaxed until it was time for bed.

My parents' old deck was falling apart so they're building a new one - can't wait to enjoy it at Thanksgiving!!


Sunday morning, I got ready and headed back to Atlanta for my flight while my parents headed to church. We had to get one last Father's Day selfie :) Thankfully, my flight was uneventful and I was so happy to get home to Stephen again!


The past few days I've been super busy trying to get everything caught up which is always fun to do after work ;) On Sunday, we also celebrated 1 year of being in our house! I can't believe it's been a full year! I'm planning on doing a house update but I've got to get it cleaned (hopefully this weekend).

Today, we're getting our landscaping redone (if the guys ever show up) and Stephen's gearing up for another launch on Friday! Thankfully, we'll be in town the next few weekends so hopefully things slow down.

Linking up with Jessi.

6 comments:

  1. Well welcome back! I've missed you! It looks like a ton of fun stuff going on though! Enjoy the rest of your week pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it has been a busy few weeks but oh so fun. Little Siena is adorable and I love love that name. It's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah girl!!!! You have been busy and I have definitely missed your blog, but I loved following along on snapchat!!!! So glad you got to see your parents and spend some time with them! Their deck is looking awesome already! I love alllll the windows they have on their house (or at least the backside that I can see lol.) I was literally thinking the other day about getting some white converse to wear with my casual outfits because I wear the same sandals with every outfit LOL. All of the pictures with your niece are adorable, hilarious about the cry room not having tinted windows lololol. Oh well, you do what you gotta do to keep the boss girl happy!! Your girls weekend looked fun, too! I can't wait to see what they do with your landscape, so exciting! Also, woo hoo for 1 year in y'all's house!!!!!! That is so fun!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took a break for about 2 weeks too. But I also missed this blogging world we have! Welcome back to you as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys have been so busy but it all looks so fun! I love all the family time and definitely time with Siena is the best to see!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been a crazy, busy few weeks for you but it looks like you had so much fun! Siena is the cutest! Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete