Five on Friday

Friday, April 29, 2016

After writing this post, I noticed it's taken more of a workout/hip hop vibe and has minimal pictures so bear with me...


One
I've come to the conclusion that the only way I'll be able to get a consistently good workout is to do some type of hip hop cardio. That's really how I lost and kept off most of my weight during college because UCF had an amazing hip hop cardio class at the gym. Since I moved an hour away from college and I no longer get a free membership, I haven't been working out regularly and now I can tell... I found these hip hop cardio workout videos on Youtube earlier this week and I've been obsessed. They're so good and I've been getting an amazing workout doing them. Hopefully I'll be diligent about my workouts now - there is something to be said about having fun while burning calories.

Two
During our lunch workouts, we started to listen to some music so the workouts were more fun but we had a hard time finding a good playlist. I decided to make a Missy Elliot playlist on Pandora and oh my goodness, it's amazing!! Every time I listen to it, I can't stop moving!

Three
My mom has been using 2 different smoothie recipes and she said the fat has been melting off! I've decided to give it a try and see what happens. If it works for me, I'll definitely share the recipes!! In the meantime, here are a few smoothie recipes I pinned (but haven't tried) on Pinterest herehere & here.

Four
And this is totally ruining my healthy post but April posted this delicious looking monkey bread recipe that I plan on making tomorrow morning for breakfast.


Five
Right now, we have no plans for this weekend and I'm so excited! I do have to finish painting my centerpiece for the kitchen table and get a head start on cleaning for next week. If the weather is nice, maybe we'll head to the beach or take a long bike ride... or maybe we'll just stay inside and binge watch LOST all weekend lol





5 comments:

  1. I love how the post is mostly about being healthy and working out and then an amazing looking money bread, that is exactly how my mind thinks too!
    https://32789design.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!!! I was thinking the monkey bread definitely ruined the theme but that's alright lol

      Delete
  2. I love that we used the same first photo! Ha! Great minds. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hip hop workouts!! Have you tried CIZE? I do it in addition to Pure Barre & love it! I do protein smoothies for breakfast and I can tell a major weight loss difference while drinking them!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh share those smoothie recipes your mom gave you lol!!! I need to try something new! That monkey bread looks so good, why can't the good stuff be really healthy for us??! LOL. I can't wait to see your centerpiece once you finish it, I just know it's going to look so cute!! Hope y'all have a great weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete