Pumpkin Cake

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

The other weekend I decided to make a pumpkin cake that ended up being super easy and delicious!! This is a fantastic fall dessert and I'm actually thinking of remaking it for a cookout we're hosting this weekend.





Ingredients:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 oz) tub cool whip
- Caramel sundae sauce
- Optional - Heath bits

Directions:
1. In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, condensed milk and pumpkin puree until smooth

2. Pour batter into a greased 9x13 baking dish and bake at 350 degrees according to the cake box directions

4. Refrigerate for 30 minutes and then spread cool whip over the top of the cake (may need to mix the cool whip so it is easily spread). Sprinkle candy bits on top and drizzle caramel over the top. (I cut up Milky-way Midnight chocolates but I think next time, I will skip the candy bits).

5. Return the cake to the refrigerator until ready to serve.


Linking up with Jessi.

Edited 10/25/15

10 comments:

  1. I have a party to go to this weekend and I think I just might be making this cake. It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness, that looks and sounds SO good! I might need to make that for Friendsgiving this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, I just made pumpkin squares this past weekend and it has me craving all things pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummmm, I'm not a hige pumpkin fan (I know, I'm a weirdo!!) But this topping on a brownie would be soooo dang good. omggg
    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at pumpkin...and then again at cake...hahaha Thanks for linking up today! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Give me allll the pumpkin recipes! This looks so good, I love the addition of heath bar! Chocolate makes everything better :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummmm I may have to make this over the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so good! I’d definitely have to add the heath :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would eat that entire cake by myself, I have a weakness for pumpkin flavored sweets! Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete