Weekending

Monday, October 9, 2017

Life unexpectedly got pretty crazy last week, hence the lack of blogging and I'm going to be honest, I'm not sure how consistent I'll be right now. Things are crazy busy and this past week has been a whirlwind.

Tuesday evening, we went to dinner at this interesting bar for a friend's birthday. We had a great time celebrating Josh and getting everyone together to catch up, especially before the crazy began.




Thursday morning, Stephen was gearing up for his last launch of the year and the first launch he was able to get me into. He basically slept all day Wednesday to go in around 9 pm Wednesday night. I came home from work, ate dinner, watched This Is Us and was asleep by 7:30 pm. Since it was an early morning launch, I woke up around midnight in order to get to the bus pickup location. The weather was awful that day (including the past 5 days) so when we were half way to the launch, we were informed it was scrubbed. I headed home and slept until about 8:30 am then woke up to work from home that day. Stephen got home around 7:15 am that morning and slept all day.

The launch was rescheduled for the same time the next morning so once again, we did the crazy sleep schedule. This time, I woke up at 12:45 am and we made it to the office. I got to see Stephen and the control room which was amazing! It was so neat getting to see him in action! We were all waiting for the weather to clear on the roof and got down to T-1:37 (SO CLOSE!) then lightning hit within range so they scrubbed. By the time I got home that morning, I wouldn't have had but 30 minutes to sleep before needed to get up and head into work so I changed and drove into work. It was definitely early but it was nice to get some things done before my morning meetings. After my meetings, I headed home and went to bed.



Another big bummer to the scrub was that it meant Stephen had to miss my company's annual UF customer tailgate event. After my nap, I headed over to Gainesville and pretty much went right to bed.

Saturday morning, I woke up to the news that they had scrubbed for the third time. This time, there was a technical issue. I felt so bad for Stephen and was glad he would be able to get some sleep without me interfering that day. My co-workers and I headed over to campus to get the tailgate ready that morning. It was a lot of fun and I'm glad everything went smoothly and worked out well - we had a great turn out! Since I basically hadn't seen Stephen in 4 days and he didn't have to work Saturday night, I headed home at half time so we could have dinner together and watch a movie.



Sunday, we relaxed and got caught up on things around the house which was so needed. This week, we have some fun plans a few days after work and hopefully, they'll actually launch. I'm really hoping I'll get to attend this one and they'll actually go ;)

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!! Linking up with Biana

7 comments:

  1. I’m so sorry the launch got scrubbed 3 times! Hoping it is a “go” this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh that is so frustrating it didn't go through 3 times! Hopefully this next time will be it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate when things get postponed when you're anxiously waiting...sounds like an exciting job to have though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh...I can't believe the launch was scrubbed THREE times! That sucks! I mean, safety and all first, but still! Wow. Sounds like it was a fun weekend nonetheless, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about the launch(es) but that picture of you two is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man what a bummer that it got scrubbed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe the launches kept getting scrubbed, that is so crazy!! Poor Stephen, I can't imagine!! The tailgate looks like a lot of fun!! Love the polo! :) So sweet of you to leave early so you could eat dinner and watch a movie with your man!

    ReplyDelete