Life Lately

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Since I'm all thrown out of wack after Irma, a life lately post was due! Last Thursday, my SIL called to see if my niece and her could stay the night with us. We were so looking forward to spending time with them and getting to hang out with our niece. We had so much fun just hanging out, eating dinner, going on a walk and watching 101 Dalmatians!



The sweetest!!


After reading all of her books, Siena found my manners book ;)

Look at that sweet face ready for a movie!

We went out for lunch on Friday to our favorite trendy, Vietnam restaurant. Of course, I overindulged in my chicken bowl but it was worth every bite ;)


Friday was our first night without guests so what did we do? We went to Target so check out the Threshold sales ;) If you haven't heard by now, Target is getting rid of their Threshold line and slowly, all of their items are supposed to go on major sale. I've been told the stores will have different things on sale but we found some good stuff! We got this lamp for only $17! We will definitely be keeping our eyes out for more sales. After spending wayy too much time in Target, we came home and ate dinner then watched a documentary about one of the wealthiest guys on the internet. It was quite interesting! 

The next morning I went to breakfast with one of my friends to the new First Watch which was decorated so cute! The food was delicious and I can't wait to go back. That night, Stephen grilled us some amazing food. Sometime, I'll have to share the recipe for these out of this world smoked potatoes. 


Sunday after church, we went to lunch with our friends which was so nice getting to catch up after all the craziness lately. And of course, we didn't get the things we actually needed from Target so we went back after lunch and had to get these apple pie Oreos... they legit taste like a fall candle. They're so good!! We also picked up a new puzzle because we're goobers and can't wait to get working on it! If only I had remembered those for during the hurricane lol


We were supposed to have one of our biggest conferences of the year last week at Disney, which I was so looking forward to but Irma had to go and ruin it. She also ruined our first big cookout with all of our friends last Saturday. Even though I'm in Charlotte this week, I'm thankful I had a month off from traveling which gave me time to recover from all of the spring and summer travel I had been doing. I'm also glad this current trip has me in a place where there's actually fall ;)

Linking up with Annie

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the tip about the Threshold line! I might have to swing by Target after BSF today...Walker needs a new lamp in his bedroom and of course, I "need" so many other decor items for the house! ;) Ha! That steak and potatoes meal looks divine...please share the recipe soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad your conference at Disney and cookout with friends got cancelled!!!! Love the pictures of y'all with your niece, she is adorable!!!! Woo hoo for finding an awesome deal on that lamp, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry the hurricane ruined so many of your plans!! I'll have to checkout the Threshold stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your niece is adorable!! I seriously need to try those Oreos YUM!

    ReplyDelete