Five on Friday

Friday, September 1, 2017

Here we are... first day of September, Labor Day weekend and thus, the first weekend of fall!! This makes me so excited - fall is truly my favorite season but let's be real, it's going to stay hot for quite a while. And to kick off our Labor Day weekend, we are going to Epcot for the first weekend of Food and Wine and then over to MK to see the fall decorations. We are pumped! Time to get into today's 5:

One
So since it's now fall, I ended up picking up this chambray dress from Old Navy yesterday and can't wait to pair it with booties or boots and a scarf. I was hoping to be able to wear it for casual Friday's at work but it's slightly short in the front (I'm 5'10") so I'll just wear it outside of work ;)


via                                                              via

I also just saw J Crew restocked the shirt I wanted earlier this year but sold out... Let's see if I end up getting it ;)

Two
This past weekend I tried out 2 new recipes and both turned out delicious! I finally made Jessi's taco dip which was ah-mazing!! I'm now making it for our cookout next weekend :) Also, for our girl's night last weekend, I made a GF dessert because one of our friend's is GF. I made peanut butter cheesecake brownies and they were so delicious - maybe better than regular brownies!

Three
Okay, even though I said I wasn't going to do anymore recap posts, I realized I have 2 more things to recap on... my bad. Stephen's family wanted to celebrate our birthday's and since we had been traveling, we got together a few weeks later; after we moved my BIL & SIL in to their rental in Orlando. Stephen loves Red Robin and since it's a child-friendly place, that's where we decided to go - it was the perfect place to go and we had a lot of fun.




Four
The week after my conference in Napa, CA I hopped on a plane and went to a conference in Nashville, TN. I never blogged about that trip and while it wasn't as grand as Napa, I wanted to make sure it was still captured. Stephen stayed behind for this one because we had just gone to Nashville less than a year ago. I had a great time and for our big customer event, we went to the Country Music Hall of Fame - it was a really neat place but I'm glad I didn't spend any money to go there since I don't listen to country music and didn't know who 3/4 of the people were. Our biggest surprise of the night was after dinner in the rotunda, they had country music writers and singers, Billy Montana and Steve Dean perform their hit songs and tell us stories. It was so neat and such a special thing to get to see. 





Five
How many of y'all shopped the Lilly sale? I was staying away until my girlfriends at work had a huge group text about it so I got curious... After sitting in line for over 2 hours, I finally got in to check things out. I almost bought 1 dress but they sold out of my size right before I checked out. I may or may not have picked up a birthday gift for someone though ;)

Lastly, I'm considering offering some pre-orders for these sherpa pull over jackets. I've never done pre-orders before but I wanted to see if anyone is interested! Let me know if you'd be interested in pre-ordering a monogrammed sherpa pullover :)


As another plug for PPE ;) Be sure to check out our Facebook and Instagram pages for a fun Christmas announcement today!

I hope everyone has an amazing long weekend!!



6 comments:

  1. Um, yes! I would LOVE that sherpa jacket! And I need to try those brownies. We've been trying to incorporate as much GF foods as we can into our diets and those sound delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a heads up, I bought that exact dress last year and it shrinks...a lot. I washed it on delicate and had to give it away or wear it as a tunic after the first wash so I gave it away. We need to convert you to a country music fan! I bet listening to the songwriters stories was SO interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Chambray dress will look so cute! So many ways you can wear it and style it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to try those GF brownies for my MIL!! And that Nashville trip sounds so fun, even if it was for work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looove that chambray dress! So many possibilities for fall. Have a great week! <3

    ReplyDelete