Fruit PIzza Cookies

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Stephen and I enjoyed a relaxing weekend filled with movies, baking and puzzles! I used to do 1,000 piece puzzles with my dad all the time while I lived at home. It was our thing and we only did a certain brand of puzzles. While wandering through Target on Saturday, Stephen suggested getting a puzzle and I was instantly on board and looking for a great one. We found this fall scene and had to get it since I'm itching for some fall weather. We started it Saturday night and it was done by 2pm Sunday. Guess we really enjoyed it...


I was also wanting to bake something this weekend so we decided on fruit pizza cookies which are very easy to make. Not going to lie, I've had better fruit pizza cookies in the past but these weren't awful.


Ball up the sugar cookie dough and bake the cookies according to the instructions on the packet. Then whip together 8 oz cream cheese and 1/2 cup confectioners sugar. Once the cookies are cooled, spread on the icing and add fruit. In the past we've used strawberries, blueberries and sometimes kiwi. I think those combinations are better than the raspberries and blueberries but that's just our taste. I also think the cookies taste better when they're chilled.



Ingredients: 
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- Fruit of your choice
- Sugar cookies

Directions:
1. Bake the sugar cookies according to the instructions
2. Whip together cream cheese and sugar
3. Cool the cookies and spread on the icing
4. Top with fruit and enjoy

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!