Disney Weekend Recap

Monday, August 18, 2014

This last weekend was bitter sweet - I finally got to see my family and we went to Disney World for the last time for many, many years. My family hasn't been together since Christmas, how we survived 8 months is beyond me. It was so great seeing my parents and sister again and to have a reunion at Disney was the icing on the cake. My family has gotten seasonal Disney passes for as long as I can remember and once Stephen and I started dating, we started getting passes as well. Our passes expire at the end of August and we have decided against renewing them. We are waiting to go back to Disney once we have kids, which is a while away. This was our final trip to the most magical place on earth for a while. I do have to advise against going to Disney during any of the summer months because it is so crowded and unbearably hot. Thankfully both Friday and Saturday were relatively overcast so it was tolerable outside, however Sunday was HOT. Regardless of the crowds and weather, we loved being together as a family again!


Thursday, I flew back from a quick business trip and we all met at our hotel - All Star Music. Once we were settled, we set out for Downtown Disney for our usual: Earl of Sandwich and Ghirardelli's.

Love my sister


Had to get a picture with the Star Wars backpacks they were too funny

Dessert at Ghirardelli's

My adorable parents

My Love

Friday we slept in slightly and spent the day at Epcot. It was overcast the whole day but didn't rain so the weather was great - if you can stand the humidity. We enjoyed taking our time with riding rides, seeing the countries and recharging in the golf ball VIP center. We had an amazing and filling lunch at the Biergarten in Germany and enjoyed a quick dinner in France. The great thing about Disney is your nights can always end with a magical fireworks display. 

We had to

I love my family

Mom is waiting to get her hip replaced and couldn't be walking the whole day. Only time we can skip lines!






We ate lunch at the Biergarten in Germany - always delicious!

Dinner and dessert was at the quick restaurant in France

Stephen and I finished off the night by watching our favorite fireworks show while my parents & sister watched the France video

Saturday we woke up at the crack of dawn in order to make it to the park ~1 hour before Magic Kingdom opened. Caroline and my dad haven't gotten to ride the new Snow White Mine Train roller coaster so we had to be the first in line to get into the park. We were one of the firsts in the park and thankfully one of the firsts in line for the ride. When we got off the ride, the line was already 90+ minutes long! We ate lunch at Pecos Bills (a must) then got Dole Whips before heading back to the hotel for a quick nap during the rain. We returned to the park and ate dinner at the Liberty Tree then took our time finishing the rest of the rides we didn't do earlier in the day. Magic Kingdom was having magic hours that night but we ended up leaving 30 min after they started due to exhaustion and large crowds that surprisingly still remained. 


First ones in the park! Getting to the Mine Train was definitely survival of the fittest and I'd NEVER do this with a small child, people are ruthless.

We couldn't believe we were on the first train ride of the day! 




I can't believe we never got Dole Whips as kids! We were definitely missing out


Dinner at the Liberty Tree

It was delicious!

 Fireworks are always AMAZING at Disney


Sunday we woke up early and said our goodbyes to my parents as they had a 9 hour drive ahead of them then we headed to Hollywood Studios. Caroline and Stephen got to ride Tower of Terror and Rockin' Roller Coaster before we rode the Great Movie Ride, did a drawing class, checked out the new Frozen area, saw the Beauty and the Beast show then finished up the day with Toy Story Mania. We were surprised how crowded it was there and it was blazing! Thankfully we only stayed until 1pm and then headed out. 



We are Ana and Elsa ;)

In the new Frozen area, there was a snowman building area and ice rink

Love her to pieces

I feel like the drawing class is a secret treasure at Hollywood Studios. Caroline even got the teacher's picture!

Our drawings of Pasquale from Tangled

Beauty and the Beast

Toy Story Mania

We had a great weekend and I'm so thankful we were able to have this time together as a family. I missed everyone the moment we got into the car but I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again in November! 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!