French Onion Panini

Monday, October 6, 2014

Last week Stephen and I tried Mix and Match Mama's French Onion Panini - oh my goodness they were delightful! Stephen and I were so impressed with how much flavor was in a sandwich with only 3 ingredients and this is probably one of the easiest panini's to make (other than grilled cheese), especially if you have a panini grill. All you have to do is saute the onions, assemble the sandwich and place in the panini grill! So easy right?




Side note: I got my panini grill at Macy's during black Friday a few years ago for $10. I found this newer version online for $30. It's been a really great panini grill for me.


Ingredients:
- 1 onion
- Dinner rolls (I used Publix hoagie rolls)
- Sliced/shaved ham
- A few slices of swiss cheese (Shay calls for Gruyere cheese)

Directions:
1. Slice up the onions and saute them in a large skillet. You want to make sure they are very caramelized just like in french onion soup.

2. Preheat your panini grill. Assemble your sandwiches by placing the cheese, ham and sauteed onions in the roll.

3. Place in the panini grill for about 5ish minutes (depends based on your heat setting, how grilled you want your sandwiches, etc. - so just watch your sandwiches and check up on them to make sure they're not getting too burnt)



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!