Valentine's Day 2015

Monday, February 16, 2015

This Valentine's Day was our 2nd one being married and our 4th one together. We wanted to do something low key - restaurants are crazy busy and I looked into a weekend trip but the prices were jacked up for Valentine's Day. We decided to go to our local park and grill out rib eye steaks. The weather was perfect and we really enjoyed spending time together outside. Sorry, I'm not sorry for the picture overload...

Friday after work, Stephen and I made these delicious chocolate covered rice krispy treats.


Saturday, we slept in and then attempted to make a heart breakfast with cinnamon rolls and bacon. The cinnamon rolls worked really well but the bacon, not so much,



We packed up all our goodies and headed out to the park later that afternoon. Thankfully we were able to get one of the only pavilions that is next to the lake!

Stephen trying to get the charcoal going


I decided to try to go all out for our picnic this year. I found the tablecloth on sale at Target and snagged it since it's reusable. We had crescent wrapped baked Brie, olives (Stephen's new favorite), coleslaw and raspberry lemonade to drink.








A creepy ice cream truck came strolling through so we had to get a picture - didn't realize Stephen got me in it though, I thought I was his picture decoy.



Cheesin'



We had to get another picture with the meat



While Stephen was working on cooking the steaks, I decided to get some outfit pictures. I kind of got hooked on wanting to do more outfit posts after doing a Pin-spired post. It was a little chilly and unfortunately, I don't have very may warm red or pink clothes so I decided on my plaid scarf which had some red in it. 


Pretty much my whole outfit is older so I don't have any direct links to specific items (I realized my shirt is from high school... goodness)

We exchanged gifts when we got home - we decided to only do cards and candy this year.


Sorry it's so blurry - Stephen was joking and said we'll enjoy getting fat together with all this chocolate

We had a fantastic Valentine's Day this year and we look forward to loving each other more and more everyday. I hope everyone else had a great Valentine's Day as well!

Linking up with Biana.

5 comments:

  1. Love all your delicious heart shaped foods! Your picnic was the cutest – so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute breakfast and picnic.. Looks like you guys had a blast :) Happy Monday!! I just found your blog on the link up :) Chelsae@thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet brunch and adorable picnic! Y'all are so cute! Hope you've had a great day! Thanks for linking up! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your festive picnic, all that food looks delish. Now I'm totally craving Rice Krispies treats :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute picnic! And everything was heart shaped! Love it!

    ReplyDelete